What is an emergency management plan?
An emergency management plan is a document to help you work out how your business would handle an emergency.
The planning process will help you think about:
- how your business could avoid an emergency
- how to mitigate potential emergencies
- what you’d do if you wound up in an emergency situation.
How do I create an emergency management plan?
Download our free emergency management planning template to get started!
The template guides you through key steps to help you build a solid emergency management plan. It provides tips and additional information along the way to help you get your business back up and running as quickly as possible.
The key steps are:
- Plan and prepare for emergencies – to help you to identify potential risks for your business and develop strategies to help manage these risks.
- Take action in an emergency – to help you through the steps you should follow if an emergency occurs.
- Recover from an emergency – to help you to identify the key people you need to contact and places you can seek help from.
- Template - Our emergency management templates, guides and checklists will help you to set up everything you need within simple to use documents.
Emergency management resources for your business
- App - MyBizShield is available for free on Android™ tablets and iPads, giving you a template to set up and access your emergency management plan while you’re on the go.
- Template - Use our emergency management templates and make sure that if the worst should happen, you’re able to get back to ‘business as usual’, quickly.
- Information - Check out our Emergency management topic for information, tips and suggestions to help you prepare for emergencies.
Stay up to date
- Keep an eye on Natural disaster government assistance for business for regularly updated information about assistance for business owners.
- Disaster Assist provides information on current disasters and available assistance.
- The Bureau of Meteorology provides Climate outlooks for the upcoming months to help you get an idea of extreme weather you’ll need to prepare for.