A consultant (from the Latin consultare means “to discuss” from which we also derive words such as consul and counsel) is a professional who provides advice in a particular area of expertise such as management, accountancy, the environment, entertainment, technology, law (tax law, in particular), human resources, marketing, medicine, finance, life management, economics, public affairs, communication, engineering, sound system design, graphic design, or waste management.
A consultant is usually an expert or a professional in a specific field and has a wide knowledge of the subject matter. A consultant usually works for
a consultancy firm or is self-employed, and engages with multiple and changing clients. Thus, clients have access to deeper levels of expertise than
would be feasible for them to retain in-house, and may purchase only as much service from the outside consultant as desired. It is generally accepted
good corporate governance to hire consultants as a check to the Principal-Agent problem
An individual who provides guidance and information to another individual. A professional that helps you plan that appropriate course of action.
Consultants – people providing professional advice for a fee.
Consultancy – intended to clarify a particular situation or problem with the intention of producing focused advice on possible options.
Consultants – individuals or groups of indiviudals with specialised knowledge and/or skills.
Consulting – One on one guidance to enhance your efforts and understanding for a complete informed experience.
To qualify the status of a consultant in a particular field, i.e ”MYOB Certified Consultant”/”MYOB Professional Partner “ and to be eligible for membership
of the MYOB Certified Consultants program, the following criteria needs to be met:
- MYOB Certified Consultant – Membership Criteria MYOB Certified Consultants need to demonstrate they have the skills and work experience necessary to
meet the needs of our clients.
- A high level of proficiency using MYOB software, including payroll, time billing and inventory management.
- Practical experience installing and supporting MYOB software.
- A minimum of five MYOB customer reference sites.
- A thorough working knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting to assist users in structuring and customising MYOB software
- A thorough understanding of the Apple Macintosh and/or Microsoft Windows operating systems, including file management, backup, restoring and email
and internet usage.
- Knowledge of other applications used with MYOB software, such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, would also be an advantage
- MYOB Certified Consultants specialise in the SME business range of products, including MYOB JustInvoices, MYOB BusinessBasics, MYOB Accounting, MYOB
Accounting Plus, MYOB Premier and MYOB AccountEdge. They deliver a range of services from bookkeeping through to indepth analysis and network setups.