A consultant is usually an expert or a professional in a specific field and has a wide knowledge of the subject matter. A consultant usually works for
a consultancy firm or is self-employed, and engages with multiple and changing clients. Thus, clients have access to deeper levels of expertise than
would be feasible for them to retain in-house, and may purchase only as much service from the outside consultant as desired. It is generally accepted
good corporate governance to hire consultants as a check to the Principal-Agent problem
An individual who provides guidance and information to another individual. A professional that helps you plan that appropriate course of action.
Consultants – people providing professional advice for a fee.
Consultancy – intended to clarify a particular situation or problem with the intention of producing focused advice on possible options.
Consultants – individuals or groups of indiviudals with specialised knowledge and/or skills.
Consulting – One on one guidance to enhance your efforts and understanding for a complete informed experience.
To qualify the status of a consultant in a particular field, i.e ”MYOB Certified Consultant”/”MYOB Professional Partner “ and to be eligible for membership of the MYOB Certified Consultants program, the following criteria needs to be met:
- MYOB Certified Consultant – Membership Criteria MYOB Certified Consultants need to demonstrate they have the skills and work experience necessary to meet the needs of our clients.
- A high level of proficiency using MYOB software, including payroll, time billing and inventory management.
- Practical experience installing and supporting MYOB software.
- A minimum of five MYOB customer reference sites.
- A thorough working knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting to assist users in structuring and customising MYOB software
- A thorough understanding of the Apple Macintosh and/or Microsoft Windows operating systems, including file management, backup, restoring and email and internet usage.
- Knowledge of other applications used with MYOB software, such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, would also be an advantage
- MYOB Certified Consultants specialise in the SME business range of products, including MYOB JustInvoices, MYOB BusinessBasics, MYOB Accounting, MYOB Accounting Plus, MYOB Premier and MYOB AccountEdge. They deliver a range of services from bookkeeping through to indepth analysis and network setups.